Becoming a Real Apprentice-Learner of the REAL Jesus by Obeying Those He Sent
and Finding The Path of True, Original Christianity
The Submissive Obedience you Have to do to the Divine Truth on Earth in Order to Inherit the Kingdom of Heaven
12/28/07 (original title: Discipleship); 1/6/08 (Original Sunday Morning Presentation); 5/18/08; 5/30/09; 8/19/09; (7/24/10); 10/17/11; 10/19/11; 1/29/12-1/30/12; 2/17/12; 4/10/12-4/11/12; 5/20/12; 9/15/12; 9/27/12; 7/22/13-7/23/13Saving Discipleship) ; 3/24/17; other date(s); 2/8/19; 3/15/21; 3/31/21-4/1/21; 2/13/17 (retitled:
· DTA Discipleship Training Apprenticeship comes from the Biblical word for discipleship: μαθητὴς.
· You have to be a Biblical disciple to inherit heaven: Luk_14:25-35.
· Biblical discipleship starts with baptism
· You Have to Have a Matthew 28 (ObeyAll) Romans 6 (NoSin) Baptism to Inherit Heaven.
Biblical discipleship means
Obeying all the Bible and Stopping All Sin.
see: Salvation Basics
· If you are still sinning and not obeying All the Bible then your baptism was useless and you have not been discipled or saved.
· TrueConnection.orgs DTA is the only known Biblical Discipleship Program still existing today so far (let us know if you find others!).
Do you want to sign up for our
· (Keep reading if you want to know a little bit about what Biblical discipleship is all about...)
Like usual, in cases like this, you should contact us so that we can teach you all of these exciting and helpful things.
The MP3 of this teaching should be available at:
(The MP3 is only a brief overview of all the details that you can see here below)
If you are an American christian beware! The path that Jesus trod and set for us and our salvation is one of discipleship rather than the theoretical and shallow commitment of converts that we see in most churches in Westernized culture. If we dont follow this extreme and unpopular path that Jesus called being His apprentice learner (or disciple), we only have the Broadway to Hell and destruction as our alternative!
Avail yourself to know and understand this eternal distinction called Discipleship.
(1) The Hebrew ָלַמד (lāmaḏ) is literally to goad, that is, (by implication) to teach (the rod being an Oriental incentive) (Strongs on H3925), or (depending on grammar) to learn. Lāmaḏ (H3925) naturally produces ִלמּוּד (limmûḏ), (H3928) which is basically someone who is taught.*
[* Technical Grammar Note: the first word is an action verb and the second is a descriptive adjective]
(2) The Greek μανθάνω (manthanō), (G3129) very simply means to learn, and this produces μαθητής (mathētḗs), (G3101) a learner. But to be a learner in ancient cultures usually implied the seriousness of an apprentice learner.
[Strongs: G3129: to learn (in any way); G3101: a learner, that is, pupil ]
(4) The Bible is very clear that becoming an apprentice learner (that is, discipleship) is the only way to heaven, and it is not some advanced form of christianity, but that it is indeed, the one and only form of ancient, original, historical, True, Biblical Christianity:
Mat_28:19-20; Mar_16:20 go make disciples/ go apprentice people as learners (etc.)/ He that believes and is baptized shall be saved (Mar_16:16 CAB)
Act_11:26 ...And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch. (CAB)
It is clear that there is no difference from a real Biblical Christian and a disciple. We ought to reject the common heresy of easy-believeism which insults the entire body of Truth by implying that christians need not necessarily be full-fledged disciples in order to go to heaven, as though a person could be saved from eternal hell without truly and completely forsaking everything to follow Jesus and becoming His extreme and devoted learner through those He sent them (see Matthew and Mark referenced previously).
(5) For a Summary we could almost say that a disciple simply means a student, but this means so much more than something as shallow as intellectual instruction as we are prone to think of it. To those in the Bible, truly learning is more like apprenticeship, and this is why we use the word disciple, avoiding the shallow assumptions Westernized thinkers often connect to learning. This Divine apprenticeship is the only way to follow Jesus and be saved from sin and hell unto eternal glory with Him forever.
· Is training in righteousness by a real man or woman of God to fully obey and follow Jesus.
· Is a mentoring process to become a man or woman of God.
· Means being committed to this process of mentoring and training.
· Is harder than you ever expected, and infinitely more rewarding than you ever dreamed.
· Filters and separates the modern christian from someone who is REALLY following Jesus.
· Weeds out the fake and shallow, from the truly committed.
· When someone is ready to commit to discipleship, thats when you know theyre really ready to commit to following Jesus.
- Do these things describe you?
· Making disciples is sealing the deal to call people to absolute and total commitment to live according to the eternal mandates of the Bible.
· Saying, I dont need training is saying, I dont need Jesus way of getting to God You are rejecting Jesus only provision for salvation because Hes the One that ordained discipleship: Mat_28:18-20 (Make disciples) Luk_10:16; Mat_10:40; Joh_13:20 (Whoever listens to you, listens to me).
· Humanism says, I worship God in my own way and I dont need anyone to help me know God I trust my own heart to guide me to him.
Are you a follower of Jesus and the Bible (including those He sent you) or are you an independent follower of Humanism?
Pro_14:12 CAB There is a way which seems to be right with men, but the ends of it reach to the depths of hell.
Also see: Psa_51:5 (naturally corrupt); Ecc_9:3 (full of evil); Mar_7:21-23 (you sin because theres sin in your heart)
· According to the Bible, we stand in desperate need of Jesus discipleship, and He has ordained that this training be done through submitting to other people that He has put in a persons life as ambassadors of His proclamation (such as, Apostles, Overseers, Leaders, Mentors, etc.).
· Truly, we ALL stand in desperate need the question is: are we going to walk in foolish self-confidence relying on ourselves, or are we going to acknowledge our need and embrace discipleship?
Jer_13:23 CAB If the Ethiopian H3569/ G128 shall change his skin, or the leopardess her spots, then shall you be able to do good, having learned H3928/ G3129 [MT: למדי (limmûd); LXX: μεμαθηκότες (memathēkotes) that is, having been discipled/ trained] to do evil.
[Ethiopian (H3569/ G128) Hebrew (H3569) כושׁי (kûshîy*) i.e. A Cushite/ a descendant of Cush, son of Ham (Gen_10:6); Greek (G128) Αἰθίοψ** (Aithiops) literally means someone with a burnt (αἰθί) face (οψ) speaking of the adjusted skin color of their face (same as in Num_12 and Act_8:27); From all of this we eventually get Ethiopian; i.e. the African descendants of Cush]
· The leopardess is obviously not sinning by having her spots, just like the African is not tainted by the uniqueness of the color of his face, but from these analogies we see the deep set nature that describes discipleship.
· When youve TRULY been discipled it becomes cemented in you as a solid part of your nature!
· When youve TRULY been discipled it becomes as pronounced as the skin on your face!
· Mat_7:16-23 You will know them by their fruits
· Is discipleship where you are going? Or are you drifting spiritually? (Youre not going to get godly by accident.)
· Ultimately, whoever you are learning from and imitating, you are being discipled by these same people.
The Disciples of John: Mat_11:2; Mar_2:18; Luk_5:33; Luk_7:18; Joh_3:25
Said to be of Moses: Joh_9:28
The disciples of the Pharisees: Mar_2:18
If you are a disciple and dont understand, then you will ask questions as they did: Mat_13:10; Mat_13:36; Mat_15:12; Mat_24:1; Mat_24:3; Mat_26:17
It is Not Forced Externally
Act_2:41-42 KJV Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Rth 1:15 WEB She said, Behold, your sister-in-law has gone back to her people, and to her god: return after your sister-in-law.
Rth 1:15 KJV+ And she said,H559 Behold,H2009 thy sister in lawH2994 is gone backH7725 untoH413 her people,H5971 and untoH413 her gods:H430 returnH7725 thou afterH310 thy sister in law.H2994
Rth 1:15 LB And Naomi said to Ruth, Behold, your sister-in-law has returned to her people and to her gods; turn now also after your sister-in-law.
Rth 1:15 καὶ εἶπεν Νωεμιν πρὸς Ρουθ Ἰδοὺ ἀνέστρεψεν ἡ σύννυμφός σου πρὸς λαὸν αὐτῆς καὶ πρὸς τοὺς θεοὺς αὐτῆς· ἐπιστράφητι δὴ καὶ σὺ ὀπίσω τῆς συννύμφου σου.
Rth 1:16 WEB Ruth said, "Don't entreat me to leave you, and to return from following after you, for where you go, I will go; and where you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God;
Rth 1:16 KJV+ And RuthH7327 said,H559 IntreatH6293 me notH408 to leaveH5800 thee, or to returnH7725 from following afterH4480 H310 thee: forH3588 whitherH413 H834 thou goest,H1980 I will go;H1980 and whereH834 thou lodgest,H3885 I will lodge:H3885 thy peopleH5971 shall be my people,H5971 and thy GodH430 my God:H430
Rth 1:16 LB And Ruth said, Do not urge me to leave you, or to return from following you; for wherever you go, I will go, and wherever you lodge, I will lodge; your people shall be my people, and your God my God.