the Favor of God

 

Josiahs Scott, Josiahs@trueconnection.org, www.TrueConnection.org

Compiled 3/20/10; updated: 6/14/10; 7/17/10; 10/1/10-10/9/10; 10/17/10; 10/24-10/25/10; 12/15/10; 12/30/10; 2/27/11; 8/15/11; 3/7/12

 

>> add: insp quotes -- Find: grace & favor

>> TODO/ Additions!

>> Link to Letteral Obedience

>> /\/\ Recompile Works-based Salvation??? /\/\

 

Note 1: This Bible study is e-Sword Compatible – I highly recommend using e-Sword for this particular Bible steady, especially for instantly viewing all of the references in this teaching.

 

Note 2: Please keep in mind that this is a generally ‘unpublished Bible study’ so far.  These are primarily shorthand notes that I have made for the people that I’ve been able to disciple.  We have had multiple Bible studies on this, and the primary audience has been able to ask all the questions they wanted.  You are also free to ask questions, especially by phone. Please do not take any of these statements out of context as though they are stand-alone statements. I know the unfaithfulness of human nature will do this anyway even though I warn in this way, and despite this, that is why I am still giving this warning ahead of time.

 

Contents

What We Have Been Told Grace is, is Heresy! 2

Sample Grace Definitions from church People. 2

What I have been told Grace is. 2

Please Be Warned! 2

Finding The REAL Favor of God! 2

A Summary of Favor in the Bible. 3

What I Have Been Able to Cover So Far 3

Greek. 3

Greek Statistics. 3

First Principals of Favor 3

Because it “Comes Upon,” it is Perceivable. 4

Changes Your Essence. 4

We Must do things Based on Favor 4

Favor is Conditional upon Obedience. 4

Favor is Exclusive to the Humble. 5

It Saves. 5

Do not do it in Vain! 5

Fleshly Favors. 5

Favor Works – Biblical Favor Always Produces Righteous Works. 6

Basis of Gifts. 6

Give Favor Back to God. 6

Lots of Blessings Upon People. 7

Part 2 - Works-Based Salvation. 7

Favor that Saves Always Includes Works. 7

Reminders. 7

Real Favor Makes Us Work. 7

Bad Works. 7

Main “Works” Passages. 7

Salvation By Giving. 7

Salvation by Evangelism.. 8

Seeking Immortality By Working Good – Romans Chapter Two. 8

Clean Works in Revelation that follow Disciples to Judgment 8

The Sheep And The Goats. 8

A Call to Truth And Salvation, in The Righteousness Of God. 9

Is it Right For us to Get Nervous When Someone Repeats Bible Verses?. 9

The “Works” In Salvation vs. Protestantism.. 9

Correcting Two Basic Protestant Mistakes. 9

True, Real, Actual Righteousness for Men. 10

“Not Trusting” in Works is Not Good Enough Because Your “Works” Are Sinful! 10

Repentance of Our Works is Demanded in Isaiah 64. 10

Things to Notice from Isaiah 64. 10

1st Corinthians Confirmation. 11

An Ephesian Confirmation. 11

Romans 3-4 Summaries. 11

Will We Repent Like the Bible says, or Will we Continue in Our Own Righteousness?. 12

 

 

Introduction and Basic Questions

Did you know that the English word “Grace” (with all of its potent connotations) is not in the Bible in Greek or the Hebrew? Did you know that (as a whole) churches never saw a conflict between “grace and works” before Protestantism came along and created an artificial (unbiblical) conflict? Did you know that there is a much more powerful Word in the Bible with much greater meaning than “Grace”? Please study these Scriptures very carefully and call me with questions [(352) 222-5471].

 

1. Are You Really Attracted to Truth?

--from the “Inspirations” page--

The flesh can and will mold and conform into any practice socially demanded of it, but it will not finally leave off being fleshly.

1/3, 1/7/10

--

 

2. Are you Attracted to God’s Favor? This is the Answer to all of life!

--from the “Inspirations” page--

The Answer for how to be saved is to obey the Bible;

The Answer for how to endure is to never change your gospel;

The Answer for how to do life is to be spiritual;

The Answer for all of life is to have God’s favor;

 

To not change your Gospel means to consider decreasing in zeal as the same thing as going to hell. Salvation never ceases to be an issue for those who actually attain to it in the end.

To have God’s favor means to have God saying something good about you, and approving of you – when this happens, then you really have life, and you have infinitely won.

2/17/10; 2/25/10

--

 

If you are really attracted to truth and crave the truth of God’s favor, then give yourself to it!

You don’t have to force a person in love to love what they are already overwhelmingly infatuated with!

 

What We Usually Call “Grace” is Actually Protestant Heresy!

What is “Grace”? What have we been told Grace is?

problem # 1: Distinguish between: Goodness, grace, and mercy, longsuffering

 

Sample Grace Definitions from church People

Here are the predictable answers that many people have been taught about Grace. The following answers and definitions are real definitions from real people who were attending previous Bible studies who shared these answers to the above questions:

 

1.      “Even if you think it is sin, you can do it anyway, and god will forgive you because he has grace.”

2.      “‘We are saved by grace’ - you feel like you are going against grace when obeying the Bible.”

3.      “‘Grace’ - Mildness, gentleness, leniency”

4.      “If we sin there is grace”

5.      “Leeway”

6.      “We fall down and get back up” (that is, a song in some churches that people associate as god’s ‘grace’)

7.      “We all sin, but thank god for grace!”

 

What I have been told Grace is

- You don’t have to do anything to be saved, and if you do this anyway, it is “legalism”

- grace: the opposite of works (Note: while Romans constantly contrasts God’s favor with the works of the law of Moses, protestants try to contrast it against all works in general, heretically including the clean and righteous deeds of the saints – Rev_19:8)

- A fuzzy thing floating around in the clouds that covers over my sin.

- god has “grace”: blinder-glasses so that he does not see how wicked and sinful I actually am.

- I am really bad and sinful, but grace makes god think that I am really righteous like jesus.

- I may live like the devil, but grace makes me look like christ to god.

- God is lenient toward me, and sees me as good even though I’m bad

 

Please Be Warned!

I hope you can see that these previous church definitions are heresy that an extremely wicked culture has taught us. Please be warned that if we do not repent and forsake these heresies, we have no reason to expect to go to heaven and escape the wrath of God.  God has promised to kill all who pervert his precious truth into filthy lawlessness before the eyes of the sons of men.

 

Finding The REAL Favor of God!

The current English word “grace” is a specialized church word which has been artificially associated with the Greek Word charis (favor) by English versions. Most every preacher in modern christianity that uses this word promotes a “grace” that does not set you free from sin (Rom_6) or cause you to do good works (i.e. the forgotten verse of Eph_2:10). Therefore, as a whole, “grace” as a specialized church word is completely useless and loaded with unbiblical connotations, because it usually promotes a heresy that is completely contrary to everything the Bible teaches: ‘I live like the devil but god sees me as christ.’

    The only sense where “grace” can actually be a good thing in English is when some have more or less understood it with the Biblical teaching of charis (favor) by diligently reading the Bible and fervently submitting to the Biblical usage.  Would anyone reasonably suggest that modern christianity does this?  If our modern societies at large have no idea what Biblical favor is, is it reasonable to continue using “grace” without major clarifications and distinctions?

    How shall we declare the magnitude of the favor of God? The Bible teaches us to praise it (Eph_1:6), it is sufficient (2Co_12:9), it is life (1Pe_3:7), it makes real disciples to be, and to build up, the actual *body of Jesus* on earth (1Co_12; Eph_4:7-14), no one can glorify God without it (2Co_4:15; 2Th_1:12), and ultimately (when all is said and done) there is no distinction between God and His attributes which divinely emanate out of Him, since (as the Jews, including Jesus, have always reinforced) ‘God is one.’

    Because I praise God’s favor in truth, which is truly the very substance of Himself upon people’s lives, this means that I also fervently hate what most people refer to as “grace.”

 

Predictable Examples of Heresy

 

Word Study Heresy (emphasis added)

The Sinaitic diathḗkē to Moses, however, was a conditional dispensation or series of promises (Exo_19:5-8, Exo_19:20-23; Heb_12:18-21) which God made for the Jews only if they obeyed. In the NT, God provided His Son in the execution of His plan and dispensation but not as a result of the obedience to any rule [and what about the “Law He mentions in Heb_8:6???”] that He preset. However, the giving of eternal life to individuals depends on their acceptance of that sacrifice of the Son of God.

(Word Study, G1242, part II)

The effort of the Apostle here is to prove that we do not have a bilateral agreement through the word diathḗkē, but the expression of the disposition of God toward humanity…It is unfortunate that the NIV reverts to the word "covenant" which could be misunderstood as a bilateral agreement between God and man in verse eighteen… it would have read, "This is why even the first will was not put into effect without blood" (a.t.)… However, it affects those who believe at any time in the history of the world. This was entirely an act of God… so that His covenant of grace might apply to all who believe, regardless of when they lived… in Heb_9:15. It should be understood as having the same meaning as in verses sixteen through eighteen, namely a will or that document which one prepares unilaterally and which becomes effective at the death of the one who makes it, what we today understand as a last will and testament. If the word here is translated "covenant," it may give the misunderstanding that it is a bilateral agreement, while it is in fact a unilateral expression of God's desire and disposition for man.

(Word Study, G1242, part II)

 

The hypocrisy here is that they have already admitted that the first testament is bilateral, in that it clearly depends on the obedience of the recipiants before reaping the promises.

 

A Summary of Favor in the Whole Bible

 

What I Have Been Able to Cover So Far

I basically went through every reference in the New Testament, especially the epistles, and categorized every significant and defining reference to “favor” to give an accurate summary of the different ways that this word is used. I am not yet including many of the various derivatives of this word, but I have mostly reviewed and summarized the basic root form of this word. At some point I would also very much like to include the occurrences of this word throughout the LXX as well as all of the derivatives of this root word to add to the conceptual accuracy and completeness of this summary. For now we have a short, but extremely helpful summary of favor in its root form in the New Testament.

 

Please keep in mind: The particular blessing behind the nature of this summary is that it is based on Greek in order to help address and correct many of our dreadful misconceptions in English. If you are reviewing these references in English, one of the main points is that you will see many references that you did not previously know had anything to do with favor (or “grace”) and you will have an opportunity to wrestle through these things to adjust your concept to agree with what God actually told us in the Bible.

 

Greek

The real definition behind “Grace” in English Bible versions:

 

“χάρις” (charis) is simply the basic Greek word for favor.

 

By extension, implication and usage, it may refer to words like, “acceptable, benefit, favour, gift… joy liberality, pleasure, thank (-s, -worthy)” (Strong’s)

 

The Strong’s numbers to look at mainly include:

G5483 - G5487; (also see G5463 G5479 G4796)

 

Greek Statistics

Note: These statistic use technical language*

 

OT (LXX) – Verses: 76 times **

NT – Verses: 147 (M, TR)/ 148 (A); (156/ 157 times) **

 

* Note 1: To understand all of the symbols used here, please see the Bibliography on the GNT.

** Note 2: So far these statistics are only counting just the root “χάρις” (charis), and not its derivatives. This is just to give a general idea at this point and a more thorough analysis may happen in the future if God permits.

 

First Principals of Favor

From the Foundation of the Gospels to the Exhortations in the Epistles

 

Joh_1:14 - Jesus was full of favor

Joh_1:16-17 - ALL favor came by Jesus (it is the law that makes you look different: Heb_10:1; Heb_9:9-10; Heb_9:13-14)

 

Luk_1:30/ Act_7:46 - must "find" favor (it is not a "given")

1Co_1:4  - it is not a "given" unless it is "given"

Luk_2:40/ Act_4:33 - it comes "upon" people

2Co_8:1-7 - "Upon" people out of poverty

1Co_15:9-10 - It went "into" (εἰς) Paul

1Pe_1:10 - "into" (εἰς) people who are saved

Eph_4:29 - Speak it "upon" people

Col_4:6 - salty... know how to answer people

 

Luk_2:52/ 2Pe_3:18 - must "increase" (it is not just a "given")

Act_13:43 - Must continue in it

 

Luk_4:21-30 - real favor is offensive, and speaks of judgment

 

- Does this sound like the warm fuzzy thing we speak about in churches?

 

Because it “Comes Upon,” it is Perceivable

Act_11:23 - Barnabas saw it

2Co_9:14-15 - Makes real Christians long for each other (he had just talked about favor on them 2Co_8:1-9; 2Co_9:13 etc.)

Gal_2:9 - Apostles gave fellowship after perceiving it!

(Discernment ultimately comes into play here – Solid Foundation: 2Ti_2:19; context: 2Ti_2:16-26; Senses exercised: Heb_5:11-14)

 

Changes Your Essence

Col_3:16 - Makes you Spiritual

(Col_4:6)

2Th_2:16 - Consolation & hope

Phm_1:7

Heb_4:16 - Boldly to the throne

 

We Must Do Things Based on Favor

Act_14:3/ Act_20:32 - It is THE thing to testify about

Act_20:24 - Makes one ready to testify unto martyrdom

Act_14:26 - Sailed based on favor

Act_15:40 - Paul and Silas

Col_4:6 – Makes you salty... to know how to answer people

2Th_1:12 - Real glory to God

 

Favor is Conditional upon Obedience

Luk_6:32-36 – Dependent on Loving people (lit. “what favor is it to you…”)

 

1Pe_2:19-20 – Enduring Persecution

Greek Explanations

Although this passage speaks of conditional favor, it has been conveniently hidden in most English versions…

Greek – “τοῦτο γὰρ χάρις, εἰ...” – “this is [real] favor if…” (“if” (εἰ) = contingency)

Note: Greek favor in this passage is inconsistently mistranslated as "thankworthy" (v. 19) and "acceptable" (v. 20) in KJV and most others.

 

This is definitely a place where it is difficult to comprehend in English, but this is one of the reasons we do not actually understand the favor of God.

 

(Note: it is also very conditional on humility)

 

Favor is Exclusive to the Humble

Jas_4:6/ Jas_4:10 - (see Jas_4:6-10)

- Jas_4:1-2 - Your lusts

- Jas_4:4 - Friend of world = hate God (1Jn_2:15-17)

- Jas_4:8 - How to get favor? (Humble > resist > Draw > Cry > Purify > Morn > Cry > Humble)

1Pe_5:5-11 - Includes resisting as well... and suffering > 1Pe_5:10 - God of ALL favor

 

It Saves

Act_15:11 - Jerusalem Council

Act_18:27 - Faith not of us

Rom_3:24 – Righteous-ification

Rom_4:1 (etc) - Must repent of own sinful works to get it (as defined all throughout chapter 3, esp. Rom_3:23, Rom_3:28)

Rom_5:21 - Makes us really RIGHTEOUSNESS

Rom_6:1 - Condemns all present life-style sins

Rom_6:14-15

Rom_11:5 - Remnant

Gal_1:15

Eph_1:7 - Salvation out of His riches

Eph_2:5-10 - Unto good works

2Ti_1:9

Tit_2:11-12 - Teaches us to deny lust

Tit_3:5-8 - Made heirs... maintain good works

Heb_4:16 - Boldly to the throne

1Pe_3:7 - Favor of life

 

Do Not Do It in Vain!

2Co_6:1 - Don't do it!

1Co_15:9-10 - I worked (so favor is not in vain)

Gal_2:21 - Don't Frustrate favor with Flesh...

Gal_5:4 - ...or else you have fallen from it

Heb_10:28-31 – Crossing favor brings worse punishment than OT!

Heb_12:14-17 - Look diligently lest any fail from it!

Heb_13:9 - Fight vain fleshliness with favor

Jud_1:4 – End-times marked by those who turn favor/ “grace” into lustfulnessG766 [ἀσέλγεια (aselgeia) – lit. discontentment]

> See Word Study

[also translated as "lascivious"/ "licentious"]

 

Fleshly Favors

There is a such thing as wicked and worthless fleshly favor in the Bible

 

1Jn_3:12 – “Why did he kill him?” (WEB) is actually, “καὶ χάριν τίνος ἔσφαξεν αὐτόν” – “and favoring [χάριν] what, did he kill him?” (i.e. what was Cain favoring when he killed Able?)

Act_24:27/ Act_25:9 - Political favor of Felix/ Festus

Act_25:1-4 - Murderous favor of Jews

Tit_1:11 – Wicked favor toward shameful gain

1Co_10:30 - Hypocritical indulger! – This is contextually in light of what is said against them earlier:

- 1Co_6:12 - "all things are lawful for me"

- 1Co_10:23 - "all things are lawful for me"

> Sounds like what we say: "there is nothing wrong with it..."

 

If we are honest, this evil, filthy, fleshly favor is really the favor that we are almost always referring to when we say “grace” in English, especially in church!

 

But see...

2Co_1:12 - real favor is not in fleshly wisdom

 

Favor Works – Biblical Favor Always Produces Righteous Works

This is how to avoid the plague of fleshly favor that mocks what is true, and this is how to not receive real favor in vain

 

2Co_12:9 - Sufficient

Gal_1:6 - Keeps you from the false gospel

Eph_2:5-10 - Unto good works

Col_1:6/ 1Pe_5:12 - Someone say "TRUTH" (not leniency)

1Ti_1:14 - Produced faith & love

2Ti_2:1 - Be strong in it

1Pe_1:13 - Be sober

Tit_2:11-12 - It teaches us to deny lust

Heb_2:9 - Jesus tasted death by it (since when have we done anything like that with our “grace”)

Heb_12:28-29 - serve God acceptably (Note: it does not let you “sin acceptably”)

 

We know that the Bible is talking about something different when it speaks of “favor” than we do when we say “grace” by just looking at all of these passages!

 

Basis of Gifts

Eph_4:7-14 - The body of it all

Rom_1:5 - Apostleship by it

Rom_12:3 - by favor I say truth…

Rom_12:6 - having gifts by it...

Rom_15:15/ Eph_3:2 - the proper place it gives someone to speak to real believers

Php 1:7 - you (real disciples) are all reciprocators of my favor

1Co_3:10 - wise master builder

1Co_15:9-10 - I worked (not: “I sinned but god had grace”!)

1Co 16:3 - your giving by it

2Co_8:1-9 (etc.)- Favor upon = Giving

2Co 8:19 - the gift they gave

2Co_9:8 - if we give favor, then God will give back

Eph_3:7 – according to the gift of favor

Eph_3:8 - given that I should preach

1Ti_1:12 - enabled me

1Pe_4:10 - manifold favor of God

 

Give Favor Back to God

2Co_4:15 - God gave favor, so we give back

2Co_9:15 - for His gift (δωρεά)

Eph_1:6 - Praise His Favor!

Rom_6:17

1Co_15:57

2Co_2:14

2Co_8:16 - (he had just talked about favor on them 2Co_8:1-9, etc)

2Co_9:11 - Good favor

1Ti_1:12 - enabled me

2Ti_1:3

 

Lots of Blessings Upon People

Here are only a few of the more notable blessings from among many other examples in the epistles:

2Co_13:14

Eph_6:24

 

Part 2 - Works-Based Salvation

10/1/10-10/9/10; (3/14/11); 8/15/11; 5/7/13; 5/16/13

 

 

Legalism

Pop: lo

 

---------------

10/17/16

 

See: Stop Striving You Legalists

http://www.holybibleprophecy.org/2015/11/20/todays-legalists-and-pharisees/

 

---------------

8/30/16

Dan_4:27 KJV+  Wherefore,H3861 O king,H4430 let my counselH4431 be acceptableH8232 untoH5922 thee, and breakH6562 off thy sinsH2408 by righteousness,H6665 and thine iniquitiesH5758 by shewing mercyH2604 to the poor;H6033 ifH2006 it may beH1934 a lengtheningH754 of thy tranquillity.H7963

Dan_4:27 LB Therefore, O king, let my counsel please you, and atone for your sins by alms, and your iniquities by compassion on the poor; perhaps God will be longsuffering toward your trespasses.”

Dan_4:27  (4:24) διὰ τοῦτο, βασιλεῦ, ἡ βουλή μου ἀρεσάτω σοι, καὶ τὰς ἁμαρτίας σου ἐν ἐλεημοσύναις λύτρωσαι καὶ τὰς ἀδικίας σου ἐν οἰκτιρμοῖς πενήτων· ἴσως ἔσται μακρόθυμος τοῖς παραπτώμασίν σου ὁ θεός. --

---------------

 

Common Nonsense

“Gwendolyn Wehage Obedience proves our salvation, but we are not saved by them. It is the shedding of Christ's blood that provided the way of salvation and our response to it must be through faith in Him and Him alone, not in our works.”

5/7/13

 

Sir_2:8 NETS

You who fear the Lord, have faith in him,

and your wage will not be forfeited.

9

You who fear the Lord, hope for good

things

and for everlasting gladness and mercy,

[because his repayment is an everlasting gift

with joy.]

\/

Jon_4: – evangelize and get wages

\/

Sir_3:1 – most all the chapter!

Honoring father to atone for sins

 

Favor that Saves Always Includes Works

 

Reminders

Remember the things that we already went over:

 

·        Favor is Conditional upon Obedience

·        Favor is Exclusive to the Humble

·        Favor Works – Biblical Favor Always Produces Righteous Works

 

Real Favor Makes Us Work

Rom_11:5-8 - Election of favor

1Co_15:10 - I had grace so I worked

2Co_6:1 - don’t do it in vain 2Co_8:1 - Giving

Tit_2:11-13 - Salvation Grace teaches us to deny lust (Tit_2:10-13)

Eph_2:8-15; Eph_2:5-10 (Eph_2:1-15)

Eph_3:7 - Grace works HIS power (not ours)

Jas_2:24 - NOT by faith alone

 

Bad Works

Gal_2:18-21 - Don’t make Grace void by Work of Law

Rom_4:5 - to him who does not work

 

            > Rom_3:28-31 - Rom_4:1-16 = “The Law”

            > Eg: Rom_3:28, Rom_3:31; Rom_4:13-16

            > When looking through this chunk, consider the Biblical “Hyper-Context Principal” (Mat 5:27; Jn 1:1, 6)

 

Thoughts

Protestants lie:

“Salvation is the gift of God to man, separate from works and the law…” [notice the purely unbiblical insertion of “and” to perversely make bad “work” separate from the Works of the law]

--

- The “Not of Works” (Eph_2:8-15) has to do with the “Grace” of election, not the perpetual inactivity of the recipient (Rom_11:5-8).

We don’t work to gain Grace, we gain Grace to work.

You are saved freely before works, and preserved in salvation by works.

Though your own works cannot get you into Heaven, they can sure keep you out of it!

Though your own works are not powerful enough to save you, they are defiling enough to condemn you to hell. [Rom_4:5]

2.20 7/9/08

 

Unfortunately we think of “not of works” as doing nothing and “just receiving”. But the call of salvation is to do something! i.e. STOP your own works:

Stop your own works = Forsake all (Lk_14:25-)

to him who does not work” (Rom 4)

denying ungodly lusts” (see previous)

To even initiate salvation, you have to stop your own works.

And everything that is a natural overflow of His work from that Grace of salvation is required as proof that you indeed did get that salvation.

What is that “labor” beyond the natural overflow of Grace is where we really get into rewards in Heaven:

If I charge for the gospel I have nothing in the Corinthian case, because I’m just dispensing the grace that has been given to me, & I’m just being faithful: Infact Woe unto me if I do not preach the Gospel (an issue of salvation) - I would not be walking in the natural over-flow of the grace of salvation.

What is beyond these things is where rewards kick in: If I do not charge the Corinthians, then I have a reward

 

Main “Works” Passages

Fighting the Myth of “Grace Vs. Works”

 

Note: These Are Bible Passages – I Did Not Make Them Up!

These are very rough personal shorthand notes that I thought I would include if anyone would benefit from skimming through them

 

Salvation By Giving

Luk_16:9 CAB And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by the mammon of unrighteousness, so that whenever you fail, they may receive you into the eternal dwellings.

 

That is: spend money to help people in need so that you will have “friends” in heaven to let you in when your life is done

 

This is the exact same theme as seen from the OT to the NT:

 

Dan_4:27 CAB Therefore, O king, let my counsel please you, and atone for your sins by alms, and your iniquities by compassion on the poor; perhaps God will be longsuffering toward your trespasses.

 

Act_10:4-6 CAB And looking intently at him and becoming fearful he said, "What is it, lord?" And he said to him, "Your prayers and your alms have come up for a memorial before God.  5  Now send men to Joppa, and send for Simon whose surname is Peter…

 

Act_11:14 CAB 'who will speak words to you by which you and all your household shall be saved.'

 

1Ti_6:17-19 CAB Command those who are rich in this present age…  18  to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous, sharing,  19  storing up for yourselves a good foundation for the future, that they may lay hold of eternal life.

 

(also see 2Ti_1:16-18)

 

Salvation by Proclaiming Truth to Others

Joh_4:36 CAB And he who reaps receives wages, and gathers fruit unto eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together.

 

Seeking Immortality By Working Good – Romans Chapter Two

Other dates; 10/14/16

Most translations are very inconsistent and sloppy with this passage (as we can imagine), so please take note where I have made corrections to truthfully and accurately represent the actual Greek

 

Psa 62:12 WEB  Also to you, Lord, belongs loving kindness, for you reward every man according to his work.

Psa 62:12 CAB  and mercy is Yours, O Lord; for You will recompense everyone according to his works.

Psa 62:12  (61:13) ὅτι τὸ κράτος τοῦ θεοῦ, καὶ σοί, κύριε, τὸ ἔλεος, ὅτι σὺ ἀποδώσεις ἑκάστῳ κατὰ τὰ ἔργα αὐτοῦ.

>> TSK

> Make this theme a point or Sub-point?

 

Rom_2:5-10 WEB  But according to your hardness and unrepentant heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath, revelation, and of the righteous judgment of God;  6  who "will pay back to everyone according to their works [ἔργα]:"  7  to those who by patience in well-doing [ἔργου ἀγαθοῦ – lit.: working good (same word)] seek for glory and honor and incorruptibility, eternal life;  8  but to those who are self-seeking, and don't obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, will be wrath and indignation,  9  oppression and anguish, on every soul of man who works evil [κατεργαζομένου τὸ κακόνworks out the evil]...  10  But glory and honor and peace to every man who works good [ἐργαζομένῳ τὸ ἀγαθόνworks out the good]...

 

The exact same Greek word for “works” [ἔργα (erga)] is repeatedly used throughout this section and the entire book of Romans. Before the book of Romans ever talks about not being saved by the fleshly works of the Law of Moses, it lays a foundation of “seeking” salvation (“eternal life”) by some kind of works that are actually good.

 

Clean Works in Revelation that follow Disciples to Judgment

 

Rev_14:12-13 CAB Here is the endurance of the saints; those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.  13  And I heard a voice out of heaven saying, "Write: 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on,' "Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow with them."

 

Rev_19:8 CAB And to her it was granted that she should be dressed in fine linen, bright and pure, for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.

 

Notice: They are not “filthy rags” (as the righteousness of filthy flesh, Isa_64:6) since the Scriptures call them “…fine linen, bright and pure…”

 

The Sheep And The Goats

 

Mat_25:31-46

 

Some did good: they went to heaven

Some did evil: they went to hell

 

That is how simple this passage is.

 

Note: It is clear that this passage is talking about everyone, including Christians and non-Christians. If we say that it does not include Christians, then we need to: (1) Read this passage (2) Actually believe it this time (3) Repent of disagreeing with Jesus who clearly said it would include everyone

 

A true saying: “And my friends, the only difference between the sheep and the goats, according to this scripture, is what they did, and didn't DO!” (Keith Green)

 

A Call to Truth And Salvation, in The Righteousness Of God

 

Is it Right For us to Get Nervous When Someone Repeats Bible Verses?

It is very intriguing when people seem to get really nervous when they hear me repeat the Bible verses we have just quoted.  Many times I have been accused of teaching “Works-Based Salvation” by simply repeating Bible verses! – But notice: if I repeat Bible verses, and people accuse me of teaching “Works-Based Salvation,” then it is clearly not I who is teaching it, but the Bible verses that I’m repeating.

 

The “Works” In Salvation vs. Protestantism

But perhaps the main question here is: do I really believe in “Works-Based Salvation”?  The answer is a big “Yes; Absolutely!” Salvation in the Bible is all about works– Jesus’ works, and even Protestants should admit this! But the big difference between Protestantism and the Bible is that Protestants teach that Jesus’ works of righteousness on our behalf are theoretical as though they remain ethereal in the heavens.  They cover over this heresy by calling it “imputed righteousness,” (or “Declared Righteousness,”) as a term that has been high-jacked from the KJV of Romans to teach that god only “imputes righteousness” as though the righteousness in Romans was contrary to the historical Church teaching of “infused righteousness.”

 

Protestants typically never teach that Jesus’ accomplishments of righteousness actually comes down to producing real and actual, active and living righteousness in us. But the theoretical righteousness of Protestantism never saved anyone, but has continually damned people throughout history.

 

Correcting Two Basic Protestant Mistakes

In total opposition to theoretical righteousness and the heresies of Protestantism, the Bible explicitly and continually teaches that:

 

(1) Jesus is constantly working righteousness on our behalf;

 

Heb 7:25 WEB  Therefore he is also able to save to [εἰς] the uttermost [τὸ παντελὲς – lit. the all perfection/ functionally: the ultimate all-time completion] those who draw near to God through him, seeing he ever lives [πάντοτε ζῶν] to [εἰς] make intercession for them.

 

That is: Jesus lives “all time” (He keeps on living, as in Heb_7:8, Heb_7:16, Heb_7:24) into [εἰς] saving us into [εἰς]all perfection” (our completed [“…τελὲς”] salvation)

 

And

 

(2) His righteousness actually pours down to earth and flows through us. 

 

(The Scriptures we have already quoted make this absolutely clear)

 

True, Real, Actual Righteousness for Men

When Jesus makes us righteous by His works, we are not theoretically made righteous in some kind of superstitious and pagan “righteous stance before god” while truthfully remaining sinful in our practice on earth.  The last time I checked, when God spoke, He made world’s pop into existence, and if he declares a person righteous, they are really righteous in truth and reality.  God is not here to cater to make-believe philosophies, in silly, foolish, and evil games of pretend righteousness.  God makes people really righteous, and if anyone is ever saved it is because God made us to partake of, and share in His Divine nature (2nd Peter 1), and there are no common or unclean works in His nature.  Those of us who have been saved by God have had his life transfused into us in the blood of God.  We work His True works by faith in the name of Jesus, and we refuse the works of the flesh having been set free from being under the law.  The works under the law, which procure the sinful passions of the flesh, we have wholeheartedly renounced, with its labors, worries, bondage, and self generated-righteousness since all of these things are certainly “filthy rags” before God which must be repented of to live (as seen later).

 

“Not Trusting” in Works is Not Good Enough Because Your “Works” Are Sinful!

Those of us who continue to follow Jesus do not flatter ourselves so much before God that we think we have a place to simply “not trust” in our own “righteous works.” If a police officer pulls us over for speeding, it is unreasonable and foolish to tell the officer, “Sir, you cannot lawfully give us a ticket because we do not trust in our own works of speeding.” So also, our own righteousness cannot be cheaply shrugged off by saying that we don’t trust in it.  We must repent of it, be set free from it, and throw it away from us as filthy rags.  We must repent of such filthy crimes before God that we might run to His true righteousness and justification to be made clean from such guilt.  If we say, “we do not trust in our good works” we must repent of proudly implying that we even have any good works of our own to begin with before God. This is because “the wages of sin is death” and if we earned this death, we cannot dismiss ourselves from our just condemnation and gloomy sentence, by excusing ourselves by simply saying that we do not trust in it. This saying that “we do not trust in our good works” is audacious, proud, ridiculous, foolish and sinful. We should repent to live.

 

Repentance of Our Works is Demanded in Isaiah 64

All of this that we have said so far is clearly shown by the following passages

 

Technical Source Text Note

Out of about 65 or 66 times the New Testament directly quotes Isaiah, only 1 or so times it prefers the current Hebrew MT over the LXX variations. The vast majority of times the New Testament quotes Isaiah, it is from the LXX rather than the MT. Because of this I mostly use the LXX when quoting Isaiah:

 

Isa_64:4-7 CAB …and Your works which You will perform to them that wait for mercy.  5  For these blessings [things] *shall happen to them that work righteousness [* not in MT], and they shall remember Your ways; [but on the contrast He says:] behold, You were angry and we have sinned; therefore we have erred,  6  and we have all become as unclean, and all our righteousness is as a filthy rag; and we have fallen as leaves because of our iniquities; thus the wind shall carry us away.  7  And there is none that calls upon Your name, or that remembers to take hold of You; for You have turned Your face away from us, and have delivered us up because of our sins.

 

Things to Notice from Isaiah 64

 

The LXX Shows Us These Things:

- Do you see that [1] God performing His Works (passively) “happen[s] to them that [2] work righteousness” (vs. Isa_64:4-5)

- Do you see that these two things are being treated synonymously as the same event?

 

Both the LXX and the MT Show us These Things:

Instead of “working righteousness,” the Israelites

- “sinned” (vs. Isa_64:5, Isa_64:7),

- became “unclean” (v. Isa_64:6), and

- retained their own “righteousness” which was “as a filthy rag” (v. Isa_64:6)

 

1st Corinthians Confirmation

These considerations in Isaiah are powerfully conformed in the New Covenant by Paul

 

1Co_15:10 CAB But by the grace [favor] of God I am what I am, and His grace [favor] toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than them all, yet not I, but the grace [favor] of God which was with me.

 

Enough with the demonic fantasy of “thanking god that his grace covers our lack of obedience”! We see very clearly from this verse that favor makes us work. If we do not work, then to the same degree we do not have God’s favor.

 

The proof that you have God’s real favor and salvation is if you work.

 

An Ephesian Confirmation

This commonly abused passage is actually very helpful if we do not fragment it, nor seek to pervert it over things that it is not even saying

 

Eph_2:8-10 CAB For by grace [favor] you are saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,  9  not of works, lest anyone should boast.  10  For we are His handiwork, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

 

We should note that quoting Ephesians two eight and nine without verse ten is the common rebellion of Protestantism that we have been so engrained with. Protestants typically fragment this passage so that they can molest it to make it sound like salvation does not need good works. Again we can see that Paul seems to describe the good works as though we are to be receiving them through us from God.

    Also notice that this passage does not say that we are saved by “faith alone” as most Protestants insist. It does not even say that we are saved by faith at all. – Although we certainly are saved by faith, yet that is not even what this passage is saying. This passage says we are saved by “favor” and even the faith that we receive as a result is a gift from God that we cannot boast in.

 

Romans 3-4 Summaries

If we do not take hold of the good works from God as these passages have described, all we have is the dread of our own works to condemn us. This sin of performing one’s own righteousness is covered in many places in the Bible, especially in Romans

 

Rom_3:5 - Our works are called "unrighteousness"

Rom_3:7-20 - We are sinners by nature by what we have done

Rom_3:10-18 - Long LXX quote

Rom_3:19 - All the world is "guilty before God"

Rom_3:20 - These works are called, "the works of the law" - they make us 'not justified before God'

Rom_3:21-22 - Prophesied Righteousness of faith apart from this evil

 

In this Context, Our works/ righteousness ("the works of the law") are again called SIN:

 

Rom_3:23 KJV  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

 

Rom_3:24-26 - We must have FAVOR / faith to be redeemed in Jesus (from our own works/ righteousness/ "works of the law")

Rom_3:27-28 - "the law of faith" is opposed to our works ("the works of the law"), and it actually saves us from them [χωρὶς ἔργων νόμου]

Rom_3:29 - (physical) "Jewishness" does not save, but faith does, because faith actually "establish[es] the law" (whereas the "works of the law"/ our works under the law/ our righteousness does not)

Rom_4:1-4 - Abraham is the example of this faith

 

And in light of all of this, God says about these same sinful works performed under the law, that are our own righteousness, that will not save, that are as a filthy rag... God says to us this thing so that we might be saved from them:

 

Rom_4:5 CAB  But to him who does not work but believes on Him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

 

Rom_4:6-8 - David is also an example of this

Rom_4:6 - we have to be separated from these works to have righteousness

Rom_4:7 - Because it is a "blessed" thing to be "forgiven" of these "sins" of "lawless[ness]"

Rom_4:8 – It is (real) happiness when God does not charge you with doing these sins!

Rom_4:16 - because of this, salvation it is "out" [ἐκ] of faith so that it can be according to [κατὰ] FAVOR

Rom_4:17 - This righteousness is about faith and hope in God's promises, even "against all odds"

 

Will We Repent Like the Bible says, or Will we Continue in Our Own Righteousness?

In light of all of these things, we must see that we have to repent of our perverse rebellion, totally renounce every bit of our own righteousness and works, come clean before God in repentance, and take hold of the Divine nature and the true righteous works directly from Christ that we may actually live in righteousness and be saved from this unclean generation with its idolatry, witchcraft, and pagan religions that are found under the roof of practically every church house in modern christianity.

 

If you would like to understand these things further, then please read Romans 2-4 and actually believe it by taking it at face value instead of perverting it with the predictable and fleshly abominations of Protestantism. If you understand these chapters according to the submission to truth, then you will not have to make them seem to be contradictory to the previous Scriptures at all in any way that we have already quoted in this Bible study. Romans never leaves a person with any excuse to believe that we can continue in sin and go to heaven, or that it is bad to “work out our salvation” in hopes of eternal life (2Peter 1/ Romans 2) since this has always been God’s way of saving people in the New Covenant. If you need help understanding these things, I am here to help.

 

Further reading: Martin Luther:

www.trueconnection.org/BibleStudies/Bibliography_and_Glossary.html#Luther

(This is very pertinent to everything we have discussed here)

 

Part 3 – Give Thanks Instead of Pretending You are wise enough to know Other’s needs

How to Give Favor Back to God

 

If we return favor to God it is because He first deposited it on the earth.

 

This is an exhortation that came out of prayer 10/13/10; updated: 10/17/10; 10/24/10

 

It does not matter what time in history you find yourself in, people will always struggle to be faithful to be impressed with the work of God in others.

 

>> Add:

- Rom 12 – think soberly according to measure of faith

- Sir_3: - second-half, (esp. Sir_3:31)

 

Story

My niece wanted to talk to me about how her mom should be good to her. – we do the same think to God in prayer:

 

"God please help them actually do something good" and God is sentiment-ing, "But I am already happy with them. It is you I am concerned with"

 

Another saying... As others have said, Recognize when "God is more interested in doing something in you than through you" - don't be a pagan that is interested in pollution.

 

Get up do something faithful with your soul, and don't be unreasonably puffed to think you are even at the vantage point to able discern other people’s needs. First, Get saved by others and reasonably amazed before you even think you have a place to help them.

 

Goal

is to do something that makes God happy.

 

- You cannot even begin to do this if you are forfeiting and sabatashing your own presentation before God by not liking His friends.

 

- Do not go to God with words of suggestion on how God should change others, until you have first loved and worshipfully been impressed over them in the first place.

 

- some times when we go to God with suggestions on how He should change people, we are actually insulting His management of them instead of being impressed with it

 

- We don't need people with "good ideas" who seem to have suggestions on how people can improve. We need people who are actually true and can hear what God is saying.

 

- If you are a child, then it is not a child's place to advise their parents. Don't complain and or make people look bad before God when He is impressed with them.

 

God likes people who like His people

 

- It is a sad day when the impossible has finally happened and a man has actually pleased God, and here we are thinking we have better ideas about how they can do things right!

 

- Someone has got to learn something one day from Miriam and Aaron's example.

 

- Being greatly impressed with the right people is the answer, because this is faithfulness and Love to God.

 

Imagine: going before a king and giving reports on people and you did not speak well of the right people because you did not know who were His friends

 

Mal_1:6 CAB …if I am a Master, where is My fear? Says the Lord Almighty. You the priests are they that despise My name: yet you said, In what way have we despised Your name?....

[by disrespecting the service of the law…]

 

Mal_1:14 CAB …for I am a great King, says the Lord Almighty, and My name is glorious among the nations.

 

Answers

Remember: "praise Favor of God" when praying for others

Be faithful to God by being reasonably impressed with what God has actually done

Thanking God by faith in the favor in the right people will save your soul based on the same principal as believing and receiving the Bible saves you. (i.e. as Jesus says, “if you had believed Moses you would have believed me”)

 

Bible Passage

The example of leadership gives us a good idea of how to pray in a reverent way for people, not presuming that we know so much (note: Paul is praying for them to be established in these examples, not so much vice versa)

The Right Posture is the reverent posture

 

1Th 5:24-25 CAB He who calls you is faithful, who also will do this.  25  Brothers, pray for us.

 

2Th 3:1-4 CAB Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may run and be glorified, just as it is with you,  2  and that we may be delivered from evil and wicked men; for not all have faith.  3  But the Lord is faithful, who will establish you and will guard you from the evil one.  4  And we trust in the Lord concerning you, that the things which we command to you, you are both doing, and will do them.

 

Heb 13:17-19 CAB Obey your leaders, and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls, as giving an account, in order that they may do this with joy and not groaning, for this would be unprofitable for you.  18  Pray for us; for we are persuaded that we have a good conscience, in all things desiring to live commendably.  19  But I especially urge you to do this, in order that I may be restored to you more quickly.

 

2Co 1:10-11 CAB who delivered us from so great a death, and is delivering us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us,  11  you also laboring together for us in prayer, that thanks may be given by many persons on your behalf for the gift given to us through many.

 

2Co_9:11-12 CAB in everything being made rich to all generosity, which produces thanksgiving through us to God.  12  Because the ministry of this service not only is supplying the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God,

 

2Ti_2:1 CAB You therefore, my child, be empowered by the grace which is in Christ Jesus.

 

Angelle’s Suggestions:

 

Rom 15:30-32 KJV  Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;  (31)  That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;  (32)  That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed.

Eph 6:19-20 KJV  And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,  (20)  For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Php 1:19 KJV  For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Phm 1:22 Complete Apostles' Bible  (22)  But meanwhile, also prepare for me a guestroom, for I hope that through your prayers I will be graciously given to you.

Col 4:2-4 Complete Apostles' Bible  (2)  Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving;  (3)  praying at the same time also for us, that God would open a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, because of which I am also in chains,  (4)  that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.


 

 

Summaries

We never need Divine help to think we know something that others need, but we always need Divine help to be truthful. Who are you to go about praying for people to do better when you have not even been saved by them yet and in love with the truth in them?

    Giving thanks for each other is often the solution to hearing and praying accurately about truth from God for others. Pessimism is foolish, because it seems to assume that you are worthy to even comment on other people's weakness, as though you can actually even notice what their weakness is to begin with, when you should be impressed with the faithfulness and truth in them. As long as you know of true things to thank God for, then this is a safe and truthful and right thing to do.

    Let us not be foolish and let our prides and confidences leak out unto affecting others. Let us be reasonable and rather impressed with others so we can actually have reasonable faith and faithfulness to each other’s actual best interest.

    Let us no longer be like modern children who think they can see needs too. Let us not be treacherous toward each other, but actually loving God enough to be impressed and acknowledge what He has done.

    If you start increasing in wisdom and proper understanding and faithfulness in this area, then don't be surprised when you actually start praying prayers that God agree with.

-& wisdom, and truth.

 

1Jo “and if He hears us…” – well, then that is very good news!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Description: TrueConnection.org – free Bible studies

 

Copyright © Josiahs Scott, All rights reserved (see below)

 

The only reason I put this here is to avoid people misusing this work with bad motives. This is officially copyrighted to protect it from those with money in mind, and to preserve it for free distribution, especially in the unlikely event that someone might think to make money off of it rather than maximizing its distribution. You are permitted and encouraged to freely copy and redistribute this work in its entirety, via standard copy machine or electronic documentation as long as you make no money off of it. If you wish to reproduce this work on any larger scale, please contact me at Josiahs@trueconnection.org. You may also quote this document, by citing the reference as:

 

“[Name of Bible Study]” By Josiahs Scott, www.TrueConnection.org


 

 

PersonalNotes
************************************************************
Description: Site Meter

Description: unique visitors counter

 

************************************************************

 

 

For the latest update of this work, go to:

www.trueconnection.org/BibleStudies/Favor_of_God.html

 

 

TODO/ Additions

 

 

 

---------------

 

---------------

 

---------------

 

---------------

 

Jesus Kills

1/15/17

>> where are the original refs?

>> See: Sunday School poverty list

>> son of MAN did not come to destroy life

 

Rev: I will kill her children with death

This night your life will be demanded from you

 

The REAL Jesus Killed People in the Wilderness

1/15/17

 

Most church people have this vein imagination that the Father God in the Old Testament was the one who was mean and killed them.

 

But the Bible actually says that they tempted Anointed one

 

God being with them included anointed one

By means of the presence, and, parabolicly, the rock that followed them

 

---------------

11/10/16; 11/12/16

Songs like "amazing grace" and terms like "grace peroid" prove that we should not be mistranslating Bibles as though it actually speaks well of "grace".

What we call "grace" is usually the opposite of what the Bible promotes in the  of God.

Prime example: Jude 1:4: "turning the  of God into license..."

so...

 does NOT = Grace

but

 = working out righteousness by the approval of God

Grace = turning  into sin (instead of righteousness)

again:

 = righteousness (clean approval)

Grace = removing  & replacing it with license

 

if church people are going to keep using Grace, let  it at least be clarrified that they are reffering to fulfilling Jude's prophecy of anti-

---------------

11/4/16

 

Jer_16:12 and you have done evil more than your fathers; for, behold, you walk every one after the stubbornness of his evil heart, so that you don't listen to me:

Jer_16:12 (And you sinned worse than your fathers — for behold, you walk everyone after the lusts of your own evil heart, so as not to listen to Me).

Jer_16:12  καὶ ὑμεῖς ἐπονηρεύσασθε ὑπὲρ τοὺς πατέρας ὑμῶν καὶ ἰδοὺ ὑμεῖς πορεύεσθε ἕκαστος ὀπίσω τῶν ἀρεστῶν τῆς καρδίας ὑμῶν τῆς πονηρᾶς τοῦ μὴ ὑπακούειν μου,

Jer_16:13 therefore will I cast you forth out of this land into the land that you have not known, neither you nor your fathers; and there you shall serve other gods day and night; for I will show you no favor.

Jer_16:13 Therefore I will cast you off from this good land into a land which neither you nor your fathers have known. And you shall serve their other gods, who shall have no mercy upon you.

Jer_16:13  καὶ ἀπορρίψω ὑμᾶς ἀπὸ τῆς γῆς ταύτης εἰς τὴν γῆν, ἣν οὐκ ᾔδειτε ὑμεῖς καὶ οἱ πατέρες ὑμῶν, καὶ δουλεύσετε ἐκεῖ θεοῖς ἑτέροις, οἳ οὐ δώσουσιν ὑμῖν ἔλεος.

>> Partial Sync: OUC | Favor | Jojbb

 

---------------

 

Believe in God’s Goodness

6/19/16 (Brought over from FAQs)

 

When you realize His Goodness, you are ready to receive His favor.

 

Exo_33:19

Rom_2:4

Rom_9:22

Rom_11:22

Heb_3:6

Heb_11:6

 

Psa 31:19 - Hope in God’s goodness

 

God's Goodness is Proven to all

Act_14:16-17

Act_17:26-28

Mat_5:45

Luk_6:35-36

(Rom 1 - all without excuse)

 

---------------

 

Seeds and Ground

Pop: pred

---------------

 

“Grace” Or “Mercy” -- What Are We Actually Talking About?

12/22/15

Are We Talking “Grace” Or “Mercy”?

at some point, address: people confuse "grace" for mercy

Mercy: is sending away what you deserve

Favor: gives you what you do not deserve

 

The Fundamental Heart Issue Of Dirty Church Grace

Church people want grace because they really don’t want to stop sinning!

12/22/15 (discussed thoughts with a sewing diciple)

So many people push a ridiculous and cheap grace because, in all practicality, they really do like to keep on sinning -- very much!

 

If it came down to it, they really don’t want to be saved from sin, because then they would miss the football game tonight!

 

They would actually be grieved if they were told that they did not have to sin!

 

---------------

 

>> we would think that after 100 stanza of amazing grace that people would know what grace means.

 

“We should have thought that a long-established English word which perfectly corresponds to the meaning of the Greek would be cherished by translators, even if some readers might need help understanding its “theological” sense. But no. Because the perfect word in this case is not sufficiently ordinary, and hence might not be understood by everyone, a more “everyday” word is used, as being the “closest natural equivalent,” though it obviously fails to convey the true meaning in many places.”

 

“Surely the word grace, after eight centuries of use in English-speaking churches, and a million choruses of Amazing Grace, has a place no less secure than “faith” in the English language by now.”

http://www.bible-researcher.com/dynamic-equivalence.html

12/8/15

 

TTS:

http://www.bible-researcher.com/grace.html

 

 

---------------

Larry Jones Yes, grace, like faith, cannot be separated from works; that is, works that a Christian does because he believes. The quote from Eph 2:8,9, which is incorrectly used to assert that works are separate from grace is a damnable heresy. Those verses in Eph 2 are taken out of context. What Paul is saying there in Eph 2:1-3,5,8-10 is that the Christian cannot glory in the works that grace is accomplishing in his life. His salvation, which involves works, cannot be accredited to what he is doing of himself, but to what grace is doing through him. His salvation, inseparable from his works, is not of himself, lest he should boast, because he is God's workmanship, not his own.
It seems like a concept too great for many Christians to grasp; that what they do as believers can be accredited to grace, even though they consciously do those works. The false accusation that believers are trying to earn their salvation by being obedient is bizarre. Like Adam and Eve in the garden, (whose duty was to maintain their situation, which was freely given them), so the believer must allow grace to reign by allowing the Spirit to continue to flow through them, as is evidenced by righteous living. Grace reigns through righteousness.
Grace can be failed of, fallen from, frustrated, and it can be found to have been received in vain in the cases of those who are led astray after having initially received it. Such is the case of those who have been led to believe that what they do, their works, cannot imperil their ultimate salvation.

---------------

Worshiping Favor….

See: INSP about where this started…

 

If you think worshiping favor is technically incorrect or unorthodox, you should try that same standard with Wisdom.

 

If you say wisdom is not God and we shouldn't worship it, then you would turn arround and see Paul saying "Jesus is the Wisdom of God". Therfore, your infrence is actually the faith that is unorthodox, because if you  say that we should not worship true Wisdom that is to say that we should not Worship Jesus.

 

You could also say that we should not worship The Word of God, while John says "in the beginning was the Word", and you could say, "we should not worship truth", but Jesus says He IS the way, TRUTH, and life... Or how about the resurrection, or any other thing you assume is not divine? And in this way your blasphemy against the divinity of Jesus is found unorthodox, because you have not been worshiping the real God, and you do not realize that you cannot separate God from His very essence.

 

The truth is that the favor of God is how we see God in the first place. And it is just as you can not distinguish the sight of the rays of the sun from the sun itself, because its rays are the exact character of its substance (Heb 1) and the defining nature of how you see the sun at all, and all that flows directly out of God is God, and as the rays that proceed out from the sun are indeed the true substance of the sun which we see, so also Jesus is the brightness of the glory of God and that is why we are commanded to worship Jesus, and every other name and title He goes by!

 

The protestant agenda to demote the divinity of Jesus out of His very essence is a conspiracy of satan planted in the cursed children of christianised atheism.

 

---------------

5/17/13

Sir_2:16 Brenton  They that fear the Lord will seek that which is well, pleasing [εὐδοκίαν] unto him [NETS incorectly says: his favor]; and they that love him shall be filled with the law.

 

Sir_2:16 Greek  οἱ φοβούμενοι κύριον ζητήσουσιν εὐδοκίαν αὐτοῦ, καὶ οἱ ἀγαπῶντες αὐτὸν ἐμπλησθήσονται τοῦ νόμου.

 

Sir_2:18 Brenton  Saying, We will fall into the hands of the Lord, and not into the hands of men: for as his majesty is, so is his mercy [ἔλεος].

 

Sir_3:31 Brenton  And he that requiteth good turns is mindful of that which may come hereafter; and when he falleth, he shall find a stay.

 

Sir_3:31 NETS

He who repays favors gives thought to what

comes after,

and at the moment of a fall he will find

support.

 

 

 

 

 

--

>>  add elements of the email from 10/9/10

>> add 2Jn_1:7-11

>> compile quotes from insp.! – 8/15/11

>> draw out favor of obedience: 1Pe_2:19; 1Pe_2:20

add zec: 'favor' to a rock... (to the founding of the temple??)

 

 

Entreat God’s favor:

Mal_1:9  And now entreat the face of your God, and make supplication to Him. These things have been done by your hands; shall I accept you? Says the Lord Almighty.